If you are trigger-happy and camera is your weapon of choice, then you would certainly like to showcase your photography skills. Now you may ask, what is there to showcase in photography other than just the pictures? Well, it’s the tricks and ways that one takes the pictures with the camera; which matters. This knowledge is what most novice photographers seek from the seasoned ones. However, many experts don’t share it or they are inaccessible due to distance and their busy schedule. You may make a difference by blogging your way to the hearts of the aspiring photographers.
How should you blog about photography?
First thing here is that there would be many photos that you will have to post on your blog, to show what you are talking about to the audience. Other than that you will also have to write a good deal of content, in the most simple and comprehensive manner that even a layman could understand it conveniently.
- Content: The content for the blog should consist of both photos and the written directions to configure the camera for the shown result. This content will have the various practices and settings of the components of the camera as well as the lens. However, making sure that the written content is plagiarism free is of high importance; while it is also a subjective piece is of high importance.
- References: There has to be ample amount of references to the work of prominent photographers in the blog. This will give the audience the confidence that you are delivering them the advanced skills in a comprehensive module. It will also make your blog popular among them, without much significant effort on your part.
- Photo album: Maintaining a photo album in the blog with the details of the photographs is certain to give a quick view to the audience about your proficiency and skill. It could also work as an advertisement for your blog as well as you, if you wish to be a commercial photographer for hire.
- Offers: Every week, you may put up a contest among your blog followers and ask them to send in their best shot photographer to you. The chosen one could be offered a spot in your blog and you may write about them. This will encourage more novice photographers to view your blog regularly and try to get themselves as one of your chosen one; published on the blog.
- Organise offline events: If you live in a picturesque area then you could organise photography events or walks. These will attract a good response from the new photographers who have followed you for a while now. This is also a good opportunity for you to meet them and interact with them. Keeping a cover-fee for some expenses would be nice, for there will certainly be some unforeseen expenses like entering a national park or museum or a garden.
Overall, preparing a sound blog and blogging your way through your photography will not only help others; but it will also prepare a sound portfolio for you as well.